Raw Banana Mixed Dal Tikki
- 2 Raw Banana large sized, unripe
- 1 cup Mixed Dal
(equal amount of thuvar, channa, green
moong, yellow masoor, urad dhal)
- ½ cup Spinach/Palak finely chopped
- ½ tbsp Green Chilly finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- ½ tsp Jeera Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chilly Powder (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp Cornflakes coarsely grounded
- Cooking oil to pan fry the tikkis
- Wash and soak the dals in water for 3 hrs. Grind it coarsely using very little amount of water.
- Wash and finely chop the palak or spinach leaves. Keep it aside.
- Pressure cook or microwave raw bananas with skin until they are soft but firm. Bring it to room temperature. Peel the skin and grate the bananas.
- In a large bowl, mix grated raw bananas, coarsely grounded mixed dal batter, finely chopped palak, chopped green chillies, ginger garlic paste, jeera powder, coriander powder, red chilly powder and salt.
- Mix well and shape the dough into medium-sized tikkis. Let the thickness be about 1/2 inch.
- Coat them with coarsely powdered cornflakes. Refrigerate the cutlets for 15 minutes or till we use. This helps to dehydrate the moistness in the tikkis and make it crispier when toasted.
- Just before serving, cook the tikkis on hot griddle with a tsp of cooking oil. Cover with a lid for few seconds and toast. Open the lid and flip the cutlets to roast both the sides until they turn golden in colour.
- Serve hot with any chutney or sauce of your choice.
- To pep up its spiciness, I have added little bit of red chilly powder and that is optional.