With the two sinful, irresistible ingredients, ‘Chocolate’ and ‘Dulce de Leche’, this recipe is sure to win over chocoholics… very easy-to-make as it calls for just 4 ingredients…Dulce de Leche, semi-sweet dark chocolate, peanuts and rock salt flakes.
So, What makes this so delectable?…these Chocolate Dulce Cups tastes absolutely scrumptious as the slight bitterness of the dark chocolate gets balanced with caramelized, sweet taste of Dulce de Leche (DDL). A wee bit sprinkling of rock salt pops up the flavor and tantalizes our taste buds…and adding of roasted peanuts enhances the crunchiness in every bite.
About DDL, just a brief intro…Dulce de Leche, a Latin American confection is made by simmering sweetened milk over slow heat till it reaches thick, caramel-like sauce. Though it is readily available in high-end supermarkets, homemade DDL has its own charm. You can control the texture and colour so as to incorporate in desserts exactly the way you want…If you would like to know the procedure, please click the link Dulce de Leche
Some variations..I have used semi-sweet dark chocolate here. But you can substitute it with bittersweet dark chocolate too…and also any other nuts of your choice can be used instead of peanuts. To mould the chocolate cups, I always prefer using silicon cups as it easier to unmould once set. You can also use paper cup liners or muffin moulds with baking liners. The below given quantity is enough to prepare 6 medium-sized chocolate cups.
Chocolate Dulce Cups
- Sauce pan
- Large bowls
- Silicon cupcake moulds
- 1 ½ cups Semi-sweet Dark Chocolate grated
- ½ cup Dulce de Leche
- ¾ cup Peanuts roasted and peeled
- Few pinches Rock Salt Flakes
- Prepare a double boiler to melt the grated chocolate. Fill 1/4th of a saucepan or wide-bottomed utensil with water and bring it boil.
- Transfer the grated chocolate in a bowl. Place it over the saucepan in such a way that the boiling water should not touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Gently stir the chocolate while it starts melting. When it becomes glossy and smooth remove from fire and whisk well for few seconds.
- Fill 1/4th of silicon moulds with melted chocolate and freeze it for 15 minutes.
- Take ½ cup of roasted peanuts and crush it slightly. Reserve the remaining for garnishing.
- Now, place DDL in a large bowl and whip it using a spoon for few seconds to bring it to a spreadable consistency. Add ½ cup of crushed peanuts and mix well.
- Take the silicon moulds from the freezer and spread a thick layer of DDL and peanut mixture over the chocolate layer.
- Re-melt the chocolate and pour it over the DDL layer. Top it with the remaining peanuts and sprinkle a pinch of rock salt flakes on each chocolate cup.
- Let it set in freezer for about 15 minutes. Unmould the chocolate DDL cups and serve. You can also store this in refrigerator for a week.
If you would like to try interesting Dulce de Leche Dessert, please check Dulce Sandwich Biscuits
4 thoughts on “Chocolate Dulce Cups”
[…] similar lip-smacking desserts, plz check out Chocolate Dulce Cups, Eggless Chocolate Walnut Brownie, Dulce de Leche, Dulce Sandwich […]
[…] If you would like to try yet another mouth-watering Dulce de Leche Dessert, please check Chocolate Dulce Cups […]
[…] If you would like to try easy Dulce de Leche Desserts, please check Chocolate Dulce Cups […]
Sounds gr8. Will try out