Soups are always nutritious and instantly rejuvenates us… A delicately flavoured soup enriches our body and our soul altogether…
This is a quick and frequently made soup at my home in summers. Loaded with the goodness of Cucumber, Chia Seeds, Apple Cider Vinegar and rice stock, it’s a wholesome meal by itself!
The recipe calls for:
Cucumber that acts as a cooling agent in warm summer days…
Mint to elevate the flavour and a refreshing taste,
Potato and Onion to thicken the soup (Onions, again enhances the flavour)
Rice Stock that acts as the base of the soup and as a natural body coolant.
Raw Apple Cider Vinegar that instantly peps up the flavour of the soup distinctively.
Chia Seeds a superfood (that are rich Omega-3 & Omega-6 essential fatty acids, protein and dietary fiber) to make it a nutrients-rich recipe.
This delicious soup can be relished at any time of the day be it in mid-morning or afternoon…it’s a great pick to serve in parties as it can be made in advance and chilled in fridge.
Cold Cucumber Mint Soup with Chia Seeds
- Deep-bottomed Vessel / Pressure Cooker
- 2 cups Cucumber peeled and cubed
- 1 medium sized Onion finely chopped
- 1 small sized Potato peeled and boiled
- 10-12 Fresh Mint Leaves torn into pieces
- 2 tsp Chia Seeds
- ½ tsp Apple Cider Vinegar or as per your taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tsp Butter
- 3 cups Rice stock
- Soak raw chia seeds in enough water for 3-4 hours.
- To prepare rice stock – In a deep bottomed vessel, boil 1 cup of rice in 9-10 cups of water in slow flame (you can opt for pressure cooking also). Let it cool and strain the stock. Keep it refrigerated till use.
- Saute onion in 2 tsp of butter till it turns golden in colour. Add cucumber, mint leaves and saute for a minute till a nice minty flavour emits.
- Blend the veggies along with boiled potato into a coarse paste. Transfer it to a large vessel. Add chilled rice stock, soaked chia seeds, ACV, salt and pepper.
- Mix well till everything gets incorporated well and the soup looks smooth and lump-free.
- Adjust the seasonings and also the quantity of rice stock to get the soup consistency as per your choice.
- Keep the soup refrigerated until use and serve cold.