A wholesome salad, so refreshing to relish at any time of the day! Loaded with proteins, vitamins and minerals like acetic acid, dietary fiber, folic acid, potassium, it tastes delicious, crisp and crunchy with subtle tanginess.
How to make Black Chick Peas and Corn Salad with ACV Dressing?
This power-packed salad calls for boiled black chickpeas, boiled potatoes, blanched corn and carrot, cubed cucumber, a hint of fresh basil leaves and a unique dressing with BRAGG’s Organic Raw ACV that renders sharp, distinct flavour and slight tanginess to the salad.
It can be munched as a snack as such or can be included in breakfast or in lunch. It is a smart pick to make kid’s lunch box, more colourful and healthier. A great option to serve in parties or get-together as it can be stuffed or filled in canapés and rolls, etc.
- Black Chickpeas / kala Chana – 1/2 cup
- Sweet Corn – 1/2 cup, blanched
- Potatoes – 1/4 cup, peeled, finely cubed
- Carrot – 1/4 cup, finely cubed
- Cucumber – 1/4 cup, finely cubed
- Fresh Basil Leaves – 2 tsp, finely chopped
- BRAGG’s Organic Apple Cider Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak black chickpeas overnight and cook them with salt in pressure cooker for 5-6 whistles. Drain and let them cool.
- Boil finely chopped potatoes. Drain excess water and let it cool. The chickpeas and potatoes should be soft but firm in shape.
- Blanch Sweet corn.
- Carrots can be added either raw or blanched. I have used finely chopped raw carrots.
- Mix a tsp of BRAGG’s Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, mix boiled chickpeas, sweet corn, potatoes, carrot, fresh basil leaves and drizzle the ACV dressing over the salad.
- Toss it well and serve.
P.S – Product Review of BRAGG’s Organic Raw ACV for www.goindiaorganic.com
My feedback for BRAGG’s Organic Raw Unfiltered Unpasteurized Apple Cider Vinegar with the ‘Mother’…
1. BRAGG’s Apple Cider Vinegar, made by fermenting organically grown apples is a raw, unfiltered, unpasteurized, Non-GMO, kosher, certified organic by organic certifiers and naturally gluten-free vinegar.
2. Flavour: It has a strong, distinctive flavour which makes the dish that much more appetizing.
3. Taste: It tastes sour due to the fermentation of sugars in apples that gets converted to acetic acid, the main component in BRAGG’s ACV.
4. Colour and Texture: It is golden in colour and has a cloudy residue at the bottom of the bottle as it contains ‘The Mother’ of vinegar, naturally formed strand-like protein enzymes and good bacteria. As per the instructions mentioned by the company, shake the bottle well before using.
5. Packaging and Shelf Life: The nutrition facts and directions for use mentioned on BRAGG’s ACV bottle help the users to know its benefits well. It has a shelf life of more than 5 years as per the expiry date mentioned. It needs no refrigeration as it is diluted to 5% acidity.
6. Health benefits: It has antioxidant, anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Moreover, it is rich in vitamins and minerals like acetic acid, folic acid, potassium, etc. It is highly recommended for boosting energy, detoxification, reducing weight, lowering blood pressure and cholesterol, strengthening immune system, improving digestion and more.
7. Culinary uses: Enhances flavour and taste in the dishes like salads, soups, health drinks, juices, smoothies, curries, cakes or desserts, dips, sauces, etc while making them more appetizing and healthier.
8. Other uses: A great pick for soothing irritated skin, hair conditioning, toning, removing warts and moles, curing insect bites etc.
Click the following links for recipes using BRAGG’s Organic Raw Unfiltered Unpasteurized Apple Cider Vinegar with the ‘Mother’ and Lyva Naturally Organic Raw Chia Seeds..