‘Chia Seeds Chutney’, a simple but delicious recipe with the goodness of Organic Raw Chia Seeds that are rich in Omega-3 & Omega-6 essential fatty acids, protein and dietary fiber.
How to Make Chia Seeds Chutney?
The amazing flavours of hing, urad dal and curry leaves along with Chia Seeds make this recipe appetizing. The texture of this chutney is slightly glutinous when grounded with water. To avoid the stickiness, add a few tbsp of grated coconut while grinding. It can be served with plain hot rice or as an accompaniment to idly or dosa or upma varieties.
- LYVA’s Raw Chia Seeds – 1/4 cup
- Urad dal- 2 tbsp
- Red Chillies – 1 or 2, deseeded and broken into pieces
- Curry Leaves -1/4 cup, torn into pieces
- Hing – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 tsp (preferably coconut oil)
- In a kadai, add 1 tsp of coconut oil and roast urad dal, red chillies, hing and curry leaves till the dal turns golden in colour.
- Transfer to a plate and let them cool.
- Grind the roasted ingredients along with raw chia seeds and salt into a fine paste adding very little amount of water.
- Serve it with hot plain rice or idly or dosa or upma varieties.
- It stays fresh for about a week when refrigerated.
- This chutney tastes awesome when mixed with hot plain rice and a tsp of desi ghee / til oil. Roasted papad and any tangy sambar are the best accompaniment to this rice.
- To Prepare dry Chia Seeds Chutney, you can grind it without water. It stays fresh for several more days at room temperature than the usual version.
P.S – Product Review of Lyva’s Raw Chia Seeds for www.goindiaorganic.com
My feedback for Lyva Naturally Organic Raw Chia Seeds
1. Lyva’s Organic Raw Chia Seeds, a plant-based superfood is rich in Omega-3 & Omega-6 essential fatty acids, protein and dietary fiber. This naturally gluten-free chia seeds has antioxidant properties also.
2. Colour and Texture: Lyva’s Chia Seeds are tiny in size, similar to basil seeds. When soaked in wet ingredients, it swells up and has a gel-like texture. It looks black and white in colour.
3. Taste and flavour: Chia seeds are well-known for their versatility that makes us to incorporate them in our daily food easily. It tastes dry, crunchy and nutty just like poppy or sesame seeds. When soaked in liquid, it tastes soft and sweet. It has a subtle nutty flavour that makes the dish more interesting.
4. Packaging and Shelf Life: These high-quality Chia seeds are pesticides-free and dirt-free. They are neatly packed in a zip lock pack that retains the freshness of the product intact. The nutrition information and suggestions for use mentioned on the pack helps the users to know its benefits well. As per the expiry date mentioned on the pack, it has a shelf life of 2 years. So, the product can be refrigerated and used as and when required.
5. Health benefits: It is highly recommended to include Chia seeds in our daily food as it helps to boost energy, reduce weight, reduce inflammation and high cholesterol etc.
6. Culinary Uses: Lyva Organic Raw Chia Seeds can be used in raw or soaked or grounded form in the dishes. They can be included in salads, soups, smoothies, juices, curries, chutneys, cakes or desserts and more.
7. Daily consumption of about a tablespoon of Lyva Organic Raw Chia Seeds in our food helps us to lead a healthy life.
1 thought on “Chia Seeds Chutney”
[…] Seeds Idly powder/ Milagai Podi Chia Seeds Chutney Minty Apple Cider Cooler Cold Cucumber Mint Soup with Chia Seeds Eggless Basil Mayonnaise […]