Here is a simple, fail proof, No Butter, No Maida recipe for an Eggless Chocolate Walnut Brownie…
A Brownie is a baked dessert with a texture midway between a cookie and a cake. It is dense, moist, fudgy and are mostly associated with chocolates. A rich chocolate brownie with crunchy walnuts is always an irresistible combo for any dessert lover.
How to make Eggless Chocolate Walnut Brownie?
Preparation of this Whole Wheat Flour Brownie is very simple. It doesn’t call for sifting, whisking or blending the ingredients. You just have to mix the ingredients, pop it into the preheated oven and bake at the right temperature…the outcome is the yummiest, most flavourful brownie in minutes! Relish it with ice cream or whipped cream with nuts and a dash of chocolate sauce.
- Whole Wheat Flour – 3/4 cup
- Powdered Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Cocoa Powder – 1/4 cup
- Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 1/4 cup
- Thick Curd – 1/4 cup
- Warm Milk – 1/4 cup (if required, add 1 more tbsp)
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Walnut – 1/2 cup, coarsely broken
- Take all the dry ingredients in a bowl (flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, salt), add powdered sugar and keep it aside.
- Prepare the cake tin. Grease it with oil and dust it with flour. I prefer to line the tin with parchment paper. Brownie comes out clean after baking.
- Chop walnuts and add 1/2 of them into the flour mix, keep the rest aside.
- Preheat the oven at 180 C for 10 mins.
- In a large bowl, mix all the wet ingredients like oil, curd, vanilla essence and milk.
- Fold in the flour mix into the bowl.
- Mix well with a spatula. Add a tbsp of extra milk if required, to get the thick batter consistency.
- Mix ONLY till all the ingredients gets mixed without any lumps. Do not over mix.
- Pour it into the greased cake tin. Tap and level it.
- Add the remaining chopped walnuts on top.
- Place the cake tin in the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake it for 20-25 mins.
- Let it cool for about an hour and demould the brownie gently.
- Enjoy Eggless moist, fudgy choc brownie with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream with a dash of chocolate sauce.
- Keep all the ingredients at room temperature before you start the process.
- Grease the cake tin properly. You can also line the tin with parchment paper.
- Do not over mix the dry ingredients with wet ingredients. It may flatten the brownie.
- While baking, if the top seems to be cracking, cover it with a foil after initial 15 mins of baking and continue.
- Toothpick test need not be done for brownies.
- Do not over bake the brownie. The best of the brownies is moist and chewy.
- In this recipe, you can use any kind of oil like refined sunflower oil, rice bran oil, groundnut oil or vegetable oil. It all tastes perfect.
- Oven temperature varies in each and every oven model. So, I suggest using an oven thermometer to bake at the right temperature.