#HeartFriendlyRecipe #GarlicGreens #Healthy #QuickRecipe
Green garlic chutney never ceases to delight me with its mild garlicky flavour and soothing green colour. This heart-friendly garlic greens have many health benefits as it is rich in iron, acts as antibiotic and also it boosts immunity.
How to make Green Garlic Coriander Chutney?
During winters, when the garlic greens are available in abundance, I use them to substitute garlic in almost every recipe like parathas, chutneys, subjis, dals, dips, salads, soups, savoury bakes and more. Most of the time, it’s straight from the garden, so fresh and tasting absolutely delectable that we end up relishing it with every meal.
This chutney recipe is simple to prepare using very few ingredients available in our pantry. It stays fresh for 4-5 days when stored in refrigerator. It can be used as a condiment to any dish in place of usual green chutney.
- Green Garlic Leaves – 1 cup, chopped (tender garlic bulbs can also be included)
- Fresh Coriander Leaves – a handful, chopped
- Green Chillies – 2 or 3 (as per taste)
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash and chop the green garlic leaves, its tender garlic bulbs, coriander and green chillies.
- Blend it into a smooth paste along with salt and lemon juice.
- Use 1 or 2 ice cubes instead of water to blend the chutney. This method
enhances the green colour in the chutney for a longer time.
- Transfer it to a clean and dry container and store it in fridge.
- Yummy and healthy green garlic chutney is ready in a jiffy!
- When green garlic leaves are not available, use garlic cloves and
increase the quantity of coriander.
- Growing your own garlic in your backyard or in a pot is an ideal option
to relish this healthy chutney frequently.