#IndianFlatBread #Palak #Paneer #Wholesome
A scrumptious paratha with the wonderful blend of ‘Palak and Paneer’! Loaded with two nutrient-dense super foods like ‘Palak and Paneer’, this Palak Paneer Paratha becomes a wholesome meal by itself.
How to make Palak Paneer Paratha?
This paratha is prepared by kneading whole wheat flour with palak puree and then stuffed with spiced paneer filling. A power packed breakfast option that keeps your tummy happy till the next meal. Moreover, it’s a good way of making fussy kids eat greens like palak and an excellent tiffin option too.
- Whole Wheat Flour / Aata – 1 cup
- Spinach / Palak Puree – 1/2 cup
- Carrom Seeds / Ajwain – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Water to knead
- Cottage Cheese / Paneer – 1/2 cup, grated or crumbled
- Onion – 1 small sized, finely chopped
- Garlic – 2 cloves, finely chopped
- Green Chilly – 1 medium, finely chopped
- Fresh Coriander – 2 tbsp, finely chopped
- Jeera Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp + as required for cooking the parathas
- Wash Palak well and make puree by adding little amount of
- In a large bowl, add flour, ajwain, oil and salt. Mix well
till it resembles like bread crumbs. Add palak puree and knead well into a soft dough. If required sprinkle water while kneading. Keep it covered for 15 mins.
- To prepare the filling: Heat oil and saute finely chopped
garlic, green chillies.
- Add onion, salt and saute till it turns golden in
- Add jeera powder, garam masala powder and finely chopped
fresh coriander leaves. Mix well and switch off the flame.
- Take lemon-sized dough and roll it into small circle. Place a
tbsp amount of filling and bring together the edges and roll it into a paratha.
- Cook the paratha on a hot tava with a tsp of oil till they
are well roasted.
- Serve them hot with a pickle of your choice and curd.