A cup of warm, flavourful drink serves to be an elixir in winters. It instantly soothes our body and soul altogether. One such drink is ‘Badam and Makhana Milk Masala’
How to make Badam and Makhana Milk Masala at home?
‘Badam and Makhana Milk Masala’ is a perfect winter drink loaded with the goodness of nuts, seeds and spices. The masala milk tastes absolutely delicious and rich in flavours.
Each ingredient in this recipe like badam, makhana, til, saunf, haldi and pepper enhances the nutrient quotient and makes it a calcium-rich, immunity boosting energy drink. Makhana and saunf adds subtle sweetness to the milk. So, it doesn’t need any sweetener as such. But feel free to include natural sweeteners like jaggery, palm sugar etc to suit to your palate.
This milk masala recipe is very easy to make. It can be prepared in bulk quantity and stored in airtight jar for regular use. Best suited to have this milk every day before going to bed.
- Badam – 30 to 35 nos
- Makhana – 30 to 35 nos
- White Sesame/Til Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Fennel Seeds/Saunf – 1 tbsp
- Black Pepper – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon/Dalchini – 3 inch piece
- Turmeric Powder/Haldi – 1 tsp
- Any sweetener – as per taste (only if it is required)
- Dry roast the given ingredients one by one till nice aroma emits. Let it cool.
- Grind it into a fine powder along with turmeric powder.
- Store it in a clean, airtight glass jar.
- Warm a glass of milk (say 200 ml). Add 2 tsp of Badam and Makhana Milk Masala powder.
- Mix well and let it soak for 30 minutes.
- Add any sweetener as per taste (only if it is required).
- Serve hot.
- This milk masala stays fresh for a month at room temperature if stored in airtight container.
- It tastes good without any sweetener. However, you can add natural sweeteners like jaggery or palm sugar to suit to your taste.