This popular Indian flatbread from the land of Punjab needs no introduction. Paneer stuffed Wheat Kulcha is so soft, fluffy and wonderfully delicious in every bite. When served with spicy and tangy chole it becomes a wholesome meal.
How to make Paneer Stuffed Wheat Kulcha?
This is a no-fail recipe. It’s a non-yeasted flatbread prepared using whole wheat, curd and baking soda. Not much of a kneading too! Only thing is take care to knead the dough into a soft, smooth dough and rest it well. I have used very basic masalas for the paneer stuffing in this recipe because we were having it with rich, spicy street-style chole. You can prepare the stuffing as per your taste.
I have used the 250 ml standard size measuring cups in this recipe . The given recipe yields 12 medium-sized Kulcha approx. Here’s the recipe..
- Whole Wheat Flour – 3 cups
- Baking Soda – ¾ tsp
- Curd – 1 cup
- Sugar – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cooking Oil for tawa cooking
- Warm Water to knead
- Paneer – 200 g
- Garam Masala – ½ tsp
- Chaat Masala – ½ tsp
- Black Pepper Powder – ¼ tsp
- Ajwain – ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
To Garnish (optional)
- Crushed Coriander Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Kalonji – 2 tsp
- White Sesame Seeds – 2 tsp
- Fresh Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp, finely chopped
- In a large kneading bowl, mix together wheat flour, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Add curd and water. Knead into a soft pliable dough. Smear a tsp of oil over it.
- Cover and let it rest for 3 to 4 hrs.
- Meanwhile, crumble the paneer. Add garam masala, chaat masala, pepper powder, ajwain and salt. Mix well and keep it aside.
- Mix the ingredients given for garnishing. Keep it aside.
- Take a medium-sized ball out of the dough. Fill generous amount of the paneer filling and roll out. Keep it thicker than usual parantha.
- Sprinkle little amount of garnishing mixture and roll out once gently. This step is completely optional.
- On a hot tawa or griddle, place the kulcha and cook both the sides applying oil.
- Serve hot with a dollop of butter accompanied with Chole or Pindi Chole.
Plz check the links for the recipes..