Paneer Bread Roll is one of the easiest snack that can be made in a jiffy. It can be deep fried, shallow fried or baked. This recipe is all about air frying these luscious rolls with very little fat making it a guilt-free snack.
A bread roll consist of crispy golden colour outer layer wrapped around a delicious filling usually made of potato, paneer, cheese or combinations of veggies. Here, I have used paneer with few commonly used spices as the filling. An interesting but healthy variation!
How to Air Fry Paneer Bread Roll?
Preparing Paneer Bread Roll in Air Fryer is very simple. The outcome is awesome. With super crispy golden layer and delicious paneer stuffing inside, it tastes extremely wonderful with very little butter being used in the process.
Air fryer cooking considered as a healthy option in recent times. Reason being, with the help of hot air technique food can be grilled, baked or roasted with very minimal fat as compared to the conventional methods. As I explore more and more the usage of Air fryer, for certain daily recipes I find Air frying gives better results than using oven. The rapid hot air circulation over the food in Air fryer prevents it from dehydrating. While retaining the natural moisture of the food, it also makes it crisp and crunch to perfection.
Temperature and timing varies by 2 or 3 counts in various Air fryer models. Below given cooking time and temperature are as per Philips Air fryer.
I always follow low temperatures initially to have the food cooked fully and then gradually increase the heat to make it crisp, crunchy or flaky.
Here’s the recipe for Paneer Bread Roll..
- Bread Slices – 4
- Melted Butter – 1 tbsp
For Paneer Stuffing:
- Paneer – 100 g, crumbled
- Onion – 1 medium-sized, finely chopped
- Ginger Garlic Paste – ½ tsp
- Green Chilly – 1 medium-sized, finely chopped
- Red Chilly Powder – ½ tsp (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Fresh Coriander – 2 tbsp, finely chopped
- Ajwain – ½ tsp
- Cooking Oil – 2 tsp
For paneer stuffing:
- In a kadai, give tadka with oil, ajwain, green chilly and chopped onion.
- Saute till onions turn translucent. Add ginger garlic paste, salt, red chilly powder. Saute for a min or two. Switch off the flame.
- Add crumbled paneer, finely chopped coriander and lemon juice. Mix well and keep it aside.
To make the bread roll:
- Trim brown edges of the bread slices. (edges can be used in some other recipe)
- Using a rolling pin, roll and flatten the slices as thin as possible without any cracks.
- Brush water on all 4 sides. Place a tbsp of stuffing at the centre of the bread.
- Roll and fold the bread starting from one end to another and seal it tightly (It resembles like a cylinder with smooth surface).
- Repeat the same for remaining breads.
Air frying the bread rolls:
- Step 1: Preheat the air fryer at 180 C for 2 mins.
- Step 2: Slightly grease the frying basket with oil.
- Step 3: Place the bread rolls leaving enough space around them for even circulation of hot air.
- Step 4: Brush the rolls thoroughly with melted butter.
- Step 5: Air fry at 190 C for 3 mins. Open and check once.
- Step 6: Air fry again at 200 C for 2 mins.
- Step 7: Flip the rolls and brush the bottom side with melted butter.
- Step 8: Air fry at 200 C for 2 mins.
- Step 9: Flip again (front side facing up), air fry at 200 C for 2 mins.
- You could see the rolls turning into golden in colour and crisp in texture.
- Remove from the frying basket and serve hot with any sauce of your choice.
2 thoughts on “Air Fryer Paneer Bread Roll”
It looks so delicious!! Please post more…I’d love to see this blog succeed!
Thanks dear ❤️