What an interesting way to serve Navratri sundal!.. When traditional green moong sundal served in crunchy Sweet Potato Canapes, it’s certainly a star attraction in Navratri celebrations!.Continue reading Sweet Potato Green Moong Canapes
Yet another delicacy with Dulce de Leche (DDL)…DDL Sandwich Biscuits!
For those who are new to DDL, it’s nothing but sweetened condensed milk cooked slowly almost like a thick jam…rich and heavenly in taste… If you taste it once, you’ll find ways to incorporate it in anything… and you’ll instinctively come up with new DDL recipes… For those who’d like to make DDL at home, here’s the link Dulce de Leche
I got introduced to Dulce de Leche five years back…since then whenever I make fresh batches, its DDL madness at home… DDL in bread sandwich, chapathi roll, dosa roll and milkshakes, as a flavor in cake and brownies, as choc cup filling etc…It’s impossible for my family to get bored of Dulce de Leche…
So, this time its DDL Sandwich Biscuits…super crunchy custard biscuits sandwiched with the generous filling of homemade Dulce de Leche…you can make this in a jiffy if you have DDL prepared already.
DDL Sandwich Biscuits
- Bowls, Spoons
- Cling Film
For Custard Biscuit
- ¾ cup Custard Powder
- ½ cup All Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Sugar Powdered
- 5 tbsp Butter Preferably cold
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Milk Chilled
- ½ tsp Vanilla Essence
- ½ cup Dulce de Leche
- 1 tbsp Milk
- Blend butter and powdered sugar till light and fluffy.
- In a large bowl, shift custard powder, all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add milk and vanilla essence.
- Combine and bring it together to form firm dough.
- Wrap it in cling film and refrigerate it for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix Dulce de Leche and a tbsp of milk to get a smooth spreadable consistency. Keep it aside.
- Divide the dough into 20 equal balls. Roll them into 3 mm thick disks. Using a fork, prick them all over.
- Arrange them on a greased baking tray 1 inch apart. Refrigerate for 10 minutes before baking.
- In a pre-heated oven, bake the biscuits at 220 C for 10-12 minutes.
- The biscuits straight from the oven will be soft. It gets firm as they cool.
- Transfer the biscuits to a wire rack and let it cool completely.
- Apply generous amount of creamy Dulce de Leche filling over half of the biscuits and sandwich them with the remaining.
- Store them in air-tight container till serving.
- Don’t over knead the dough. Handle the dough as little as possible. Over-worked dough may render hard biscuits.
- Temperature setting varies from oven to oven. Biscuits need to be baked at high temperature. Adjust the oven settings accordingly.
- To check the doneness, touch the surface of the biscuits after the baking. If it is dry but soft, it is done. They get firm as they cool.
If you would like to try yet another mouth-watering Dulce de Leche Dessert, please check Chocolate Dulce Cups