#IndianFlatBread #Palak #Paneer #Wholesome
A scrumptious paratha with the wonderful blend of ‘Palak and Paneer’. When the paratha is loaded with two superfoods, ‘Palak and Paneer’ it becomes a wholesome food providing good amount of proteins, vitamins, calcium and more.
How to make Palak Paneer Paratha?
This paratha is prepared by kneading whole wheat flour with palak puree and then stuffed with spiced paneer filling. A power packed breakfast option that keeps your tummy happy till the next meal. Moreover, it’s a good way of making fussy kids eat greens like palak and an excellent tiffin option too.
- Whole Wheat Flour / Aata – 1 cup
- Spinach / Palak Puree – 1/2 cup
- Carrom Seeds / Ajwain – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Water to knead
- Cottage Cheese / Paneer – 1/2 cup, grated or crumbled
- Onion – 1 small sized, finely chopped
- Garlic – 2 cloves, finely chopped
- Green Chilly – 1 medium, finely chopped
- Fresh Coriander – 2 tbsp, finely chopped
- Jeera Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp + as required for cooking the parathas
- Wash Palak well and make puree by adding little amount of
- In a large bowl, add flour, ajwain, oil and salt. Mix well
till it resembles like bread crumbs. Add palak puree and knead well into a soft dough. If required sprinkle water while kneading. Keep it covered for 15 mins.
- To prepare the filling: Heat oil and saute finely chopped
garlic, green chillies.
- Add onion, salt and saute till it turns golden in
- Add jeera powder, garam masala powder and finely chopped
fresh coriander leaves. Mix well and switch off the flame.
- Take lemon-sized dough and roll it into small circle. Place a
tbsp amount of filling and bring together the edges and roll it into a paratha.
- Cook the paratha on a hot tava with a tsp of oil till they
are well roasted.
- Serve them hot with a pickle of your choice and curd.