Paneer Bread Roll is one of the easiest snack that can be made in a jiffy. It can be deep fried, shallow fried or baked. This recipe is all about air frying these luscious rolls with very little fat making it a guilt-free snack.Continue reading Air Fryer Paneer Bread Roll
Tag: Kids Recipe
Sicilian Orange!.. an interesting baked snack made using sweet potato and paneer.. soft inside and crunchy outside this starter is one of the crowd pleasers in parties and get-togethers..Continue reading Sicilian Orange
#Quickrecipe #Partysnack #Kid’srecipe #Partyappetizer
An interesting twist in the regular samosa recipe… A perfect crowd pleaser in your get-together / kid’s parties… Satisfies your sudden cravings for delectable snacks in the evenings.
How to prepare Pinwheel Samosa?
Extremely easy to prepare…Saves your time in folding and shaping the dough as in the usual version…It’s just rolling the dough, stuffing the filling, cutting into slices and deep frying…as Simple as that… Here, I have used the usual potato stuffing but you can fill with any stuffing as per your choice.
- All-purpose flour – 1 cup
- Sooji – 1 tbsp
- Ajwain – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp + as required for deep frying
- Potato – 2 medium sized, boiled and mashed nicely
- Cumin / Jeera – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Seeds / Dhaniya Seeds – 3/4 tsp, slightly crushed or pounded
- Ginger – 1/2 tsp, coarsely pounded
- Green Chilly – 1 medium sized, coarsely pounded
- Amchur Powder -1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Fresh Dhaniya Leaves – 1 tbsp, finely chopped
For the binding paste
- All-purpose Flour – 1 tbsp
- Water enough to make a thick paste
- Mix all the dry ingredients given for dough like all-purpose flour, salt, ajwain and 1 tbsp of oil.
- knead well into a stiff dough. Keep it covered for 10 mins.
- In a kadai heat oil, add jeera and crushed dhaniya seeds. When the jeera splutters, add pounded ginger and green chilly and saute.
- Add mashed potato, salt, amchur powder, fresh dhaniya and mix well.
- Remove from flame and let it cool.
- Roll out a large lemon-sized dough into an oval shaped roti of about 1/2 mm thickness.
- Spread the potato stuffing evenly on the roti leaving just about 1/2-inch space at the corners.
- Roll the roti tightly from one end to another and slice it into 1-inch rounds/pinwheels.
- Mix 1 tbsp of all-purpose flour with enough water and make a thick paste. Gently dip the pinwheels in all-purpose flour paste so that the stuffing stays intact.
- Heat oil in a kadai and deep fry the pinwheels till golden in colour.
- Drain them in kitchen towel to remove excess oil if any.
- Serve pinwheel samosas hot with any chutney or sauce of your choice.
- Increase or decrease the spiciness as per your taste.
- You can substitute all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour too. In that case, add little bit more oil in the dough to make it crispy.
For similar snacks recipe, plz checkout Brinjal Bajji, Thenga Manga Pattani Sundal.