A cup of warm, flavourful drink serves to be an elixir in winters. It instantly soothes our body and soul altogether. One such drink is ‘Badam and Makhana Milk Masala’Continue reading Badam and Makhana Milk Masala
#TraditionalSouthIndianRecipe #VratRecipe #EnergyDrink #HerbalDrink
A healthy and refreshing drink, ‘Paanagam’ is made as a part of neivedhyam during Sri Rama Navami and many other festivals. It is also served in South Indian weddings especially after the main function ‘Muhurtham’. Since it is rich in nutrition, it’s a best option to relish frequently in summers than having store-bought soft drinks and juices.
How to make Paanagam?
Paanagam is a simple recipe that calls for few easily available things like jaggery, imli, ginger, tulsi and edible camphor. All these ingredients are loaded with anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory properties that helps to boost our immunity, digestion and more.
This herbal drink can be frequently relished during vrat or fasting as it boosts our energy instantly. If serving in a get together or party, serve it cold or hot depending upon the weather.
- Tamarind / Imli – a small gooseberry-sized
- Jaggery – a large lemon-sized
- Dry Ginger / Saunth Powder – 1 tsp
- Elaichi Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Tulsi – 2 0r 3 leaves, crushed
- Edible Camphor – a small pinch (optional)
- Add 2 cups of water to the soaked imli and extract imli water.
- Boil it for a minute or two along with jaggery.
- Remove from flame and add powdered dry ginger, tulsi, elaichi powder and edible camphor. Adjust water as per the taste.
- Serve hot or chilled.
- Instead of imli, we can use lemon juice also, but I have followed the method that family follows over generations.
Treat yourself with this refreshing summer drink, ‘Minty Apple Cider Cooler’ with the goodness of Organic Apple Cider Vinegar and Mint.
The essence of two incredibly nourishing ingredients, Raw Apple Cider Vinegar and fresh mint leaves, makes this mocktail amazingly soothing and energizing to face the scorching summer heat.
How to make Minty Apple Cider Cooler?
Here, I have used BRAGG’s Organic Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar with the ‘Mother’. But why Apple Cider?… Because it renders distinctive flavour to the summer cooler. With its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties and aiding in weight loss, lowering blood pressure, Apple Cider enhances the nutritious quotient of the drink.
On the other hand, Fresh mint, as we all know is a soothing herb…well-known for its health benefits like easy digestion, relief from stomach inflammation. It greatly comforts us during hot humid weather.
Inclusion of honey brings its own health benefits… it keeps us hydrated for a long time…a good alternative to other forms of sweeteners. Here’s the recipe for this Minty Apple Cider Cooler that can be made in a jiffy.
Minty Apple Cider Cooler
- Mortar and Pestle / Mixer Grinder
- a handful Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1 tsp Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 cups Water chilled
- Honey to sweeten the drink
- Ice Cubes to serve
- Wash and pound the fresh mint leaves in mortar and pestle or in mixer. Strain and extract the mint juice.
- In a large bowl, mix chilled water, Apple Cider Vinegar and mint extract. Add honey to sweeten the drink.
- Pour the drink in tall glasses, add ice cubes and serve immediately.
‘Sugarcane and Kiwi Mocktail’ is a refreshing drink with the perfect blend of sugarcane, kiwi and tender coconut water. Sugarcane juice and coconut water are the two age-old drinks gifted by nature to boost our energy instantly. When these two wonders are incorporated in a mocktail along with fresh fruits and herbs, the outcome is fabulous. It tantalizes our taste buds with delicate sweet sour taste and appealing to our eyes with its vibrant green color.
Packed with numerous health benefits, tender coconut water acts as the base of this drink while the fresh, pulpy Kiwi adds nice texture to it. Sugarcane juice with the right mix of ginger and lemon enhances sweetness and flavour, making this mocktail a perfect choice to rejuvenate our body in hot summer days.
How to make Sugarcane and Kiwi Mocktail?
Except Kiwi, rest of the ingredients is procured from my backyard garden. Extracting juice from sugarcane at home is always an amazing experience for us. The process is very simple and worth the effort as the juice obtained is hygienic than it is available in the market. Peel and chop sugarcane into 2 inch pieces. Pound them in a pestle and mortar (ammikkal). Extract juice by crushing it with hand as far as possible. Then grind the pounded pieces in a mixer grinder with little amount of water. Strain the juice using a fine mesh. Refrigerate it until use.
Sugarcane and Kiwi Mocktail
to boost our energy instantly. When these two wonders are incorporated in a mocktail along with fresh fruits and herbs, the outcome is fabulous.
- 1 cup Sugarcane Juice
- 1 cup Tender Coconut Water
- 1 no Kiwi ripe but firm
- ½ inch Ginger chopped
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- Peel and chop kiwi into medium sized chunks. Scrap the ginger peel and chop it finely.
- If you can procure fresh sugarcane stalks, extract juice from sugarcane as per the method given above. Otherwise, get unflavored sugarcane juice from the market.
- Blend kiwi, ginger and lemon juice with coconut water in a mixer.
- Mix it with sugarcane juice and serve chilled.